On Tuesday 10 June 2008 13:18:25 Christoph Lameter wrote:
Indeed. Works for i386 as is, but 64 bit will need that patch.
You're being obtuse. See previous mail about the three possible
implementations of local_t, and the comment in asm-generic/local.h.
The paths forward are clear:
1) Improve x86 local_t (mostly orthogonal to the others, but useful).
2) Implement extensible per-cpu areas.
3) Generalize per-cpu accessors.
4) Extend or replace the module.c per-cpu allocator to alloc from the other
5) Convert alloc_percpu et al. to use the new code.
Hope that clarifies,